Dr. Noordsy KEY RESEARCH
Douglas Noordsy, MD
Professor of Psychiatry
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- (Sep, 2021) The Lifestyle Psychiatry project of the WPA Section on Medicine, Psychiatry and Primary Care. Word Psychiatry: Official Journal of the World Psychiatric Association.
- (Feb, 2021) Advancing Medical Education Through Innovations in Teaching During the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Primary Care Companion for CNS Disorders.
- (2019) Lifestyle Psychiatry. American Psychiatric Association for Publishing.
- (Jun, 2018) Clozapine Titration for People in Early Psychosis: A Chart Review and Treatment Guideline. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology.
- (Sep, 2017) Risperidone versus olanzapine among patients with schizophrenia participating in supported employment: Eighteen-month outcomes. Journal of Psychiatric Research.
- (May, 2016) Pharmacotherapy of Co-Occurring Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders. Current Addiction Reports.
- (Oct, 2015) Long-acting injectable vs oral risperidone for schizophrenia and co-occurring alcohol use disorder: a randomized trial. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry.
- (Jan, 2015) Low-Dose Quetiapine Induced or Worsened Mania in the Context of Possible Undertreatment. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine.
- (Oct, 2011) Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome During Multiple Antipsychotic Therapy. Community Mental Health Journal.
- (April, 2011) A randomized trial of clozapine vs. other antipsychotics for cannabis use disorder in patients with schizophrenia. Journal of Dual Diagnosis.
- (May, 2009) Treatment of catatonic schizophrenia with lorazepam and aripiprazole. Schizophrenia Research.
- (April, 2001) Six-Month Outcomes for Patients Who Switched to Olanzapine Treatment. Psychiatric Services.
- (April, 2020) Lived experience perspectives on reducing the duration of untreated psychosis: the impact of stigma on accessing treatment. Psychosis.
- (April, 2019) Validation of the NDSE, A New Self Report Scale for People with Psychosis. The Journal of Psychoses and Related Disorders.
- (2019) Intervening Early in Psychosis: A Team Approach. American Psychiatric Association for Publishing.
- (Jun, 2018) Impact of age of onset of psychosis and engagement in higher education on duration of untreated psychosis. Journal of Mental Health.
- (Oct, 2018) Consumer and Family Perspectives on Reducing the Duration of Untreated Psychosis. Early Intervention in Psychiatry.
- (Mar, 2018) Therapeutic Potential of Physical Exercise in Early Psychosis. The American Journal of Psychiatry.
- (Sep, 2021) Increased activation product of complement 4 protein in plasma of individuals with schizophrenia. Translational Psychiatry.
- (April, 2018) Factors motivating spontaneous exercise in individuals with schizophrenia-spectrum disorders. Schizophrenia Research.
- (Nov, 2018) Why Do People With Schizophrenia Exercise? A Mixed Methods Analysis Among Community Dwelling Regular Exercisers. Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- (Dec, 2017) Genetic Correlation Profile of Schizophrenia Mirrors Epidemiological Results and Suggests Link Between Polygenic and Rare Variant (22q11.2) Cases of Schizophrenia. The Journal of Psychoses and Related Disorders.
- (March, 2017) Genetic Correlation Analysis of Schizophrenia Mirrors Known Epidemiological Relationships and Suggests Novel Associations. Schizophrenia Bulletin.
- (Nov, 2016) An RCT Evaluating the Effects of Skills Training and Medication Type on Work Outcomes Among Patients With Schizophrenia. Psychiatric Services.
- (Jul, 2016) Ethical Issues in the Care of People With Schizophrenia. Focus: The Journal of Lifelong Learning in Psychiatry.